Boasting a thickness of 7 mm, Luciolis are equipped with 2 inner rim locks/security bolts (the valve is very robust and does not break, even with intense and prolonged use). Thanks to its thickness and internal reinforcement, Lucioli can be used at largely reduced pressure. When punctured, they offer a run-flat effect like some car tires, so you can safely return home or finish the competition.
Recommendation for use
For Extreme Enduro, we recommend always using 2 tire stops/ rim locks/ safety bolts (do not cut any of them)
It is advisable to widen the rim holes to 9mm (from standard 8 mm) and chamfer the hole for ease of insertion of the valve and rim locks
A rim strip is not necessary
Please open your Lucioli as soon as they arrive, to return it to its original shape (it is shipped folded).
1) Lucioli should be installed with air valve out
2) Remove all current rim tape (they are not intended for use with enduro rims)
3) Insert Lucioli into the tire
4) Lubricate the inner diameter with a non-aggressive agent (petroleum jelly or water and soap)
5) Insert the inner tube valve and rim lock/ security bolt (the one closer to the valve) and secure by tightening the appropriate nuts
6) Using the lever, push the last rimlock into the hole (also from the inside)
7) CAUTION: by using the levers you risk cutting the chambers near rim locks
8) Inflate to min. 1 bar and tighten the bolt until you feel that the air expands the tube and the tire towards the rim, then tighten further by 1 turn (important: maximum torque 10nm)
18" models fits the following sizes:
110/80/18, 120/80/18, 130/80/18, 140/80/18, 110/90/18, 120/90/18, 130/90/18, 140/90/18, 110/100/18, 120/100/18, 130/100/18, 140/100/18
21" models fits all off-road 21" front tire sizes.